In this chapter students will learn about:
1. How to write the electronic configuration of s-block elements.
2. The occurrence of group IA and IIA elements and the peculiar behaviors
of lithium and beryllium.
3. The difference in the physical properties of group IA and IIA elements as
well as the differences in the chemical behaviour of their compounds.
4. The commercial preparation of sodium.
5. How sodium hydroxide is commercially prepared.
6. The role of gypsum and lime in agriculture and industry.